At Peartree Cleaning Services we care about the environment in which we live in, and we take our responsibilities very seriously. We understand that our actions today will affect tomorrow's generation and, we believe that managing environmental issues should involve everybody.
We are committed to continuous improvements in our environmental performance in every sphere of our operations, but specifically reducing our carbon emissions as a result of carrying out our daily business. Our total vehicle fuel consumption dominates our carbon emissions and our vehicle fleet is entirely made up of Hybrid vehicles. For example our City and West End management teams are all provided with the latest Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid which has ultra low CO2 combined emissions of 49 (g/k).
We can help our clients too with their own ESOS energy audits and energy consumption, by equipping our cleaning teams with the latest energy efficient 'A' rated cleaning equipment and vacuum cleaners.
Our annual external & independent audit confirmed the following
- Vehicle fleet CO2 reduction - 8% reduction in CO2 tonnes - achieved while additional business miles had been travelled.
- Fuel use efficiency improvement - fuel use was 0.1828 litres /mile from 0.1571 litres /mile - this is a 14% improvement in fuel efficiency.
- Revenue generated per litre of fuel used - revenue per litre was £266.35 - this is a 22.4% improvement in fuel used to £ turnover generated.
- Landfill waste - was 2.97 tonnes (based on carrier feedback) - this is a annual reduction of 10%.
- Electricity - year-end analysis indicated an overall reduction of 15.4% in KWh electricity usage (ahead of target).
- Paper source - Increased level of recycled paper in use (up by 17%) and all paper purchased is from a sustainable source (FSC certified).